IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out below.
CIF Global Market’s Personal Data Collection Policy
This Statement is made by CIF Global Markets (H.K.) Limited (“CIF Global Markets”) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“the Ordinance”). The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
1. The purpose for which your personal data and other information may be used include:
- a. the provision and daily operation (including without limitation, maintenance and administration) of the accounts and services and/or other financial services provided to you;
- b. conducting credit checks, matching procedures, data verification, due diligence and risk management;
- c. designing financial services or related products for your use;
- d. direct marketing of financial services or related products which may or may not directly related to your accounts and may be conducted by us, any CIF Global Markets’ companies and its affiliates or other selected financial service providers;
- e. meeting the requirement to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on CIF Global Markets or under and for the purpose of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities which CIF Global Markets is required to comply;
- f. enabling an actual or proposed assignee of CIF Global Markets in connection with merger, amalgamation, reconstruction or otherwise to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment;
- g. commencing, defending or otherwise participating in any legal or administrative proceedings or inquiry before any court or competent authority;
- h. internal data processing, preparation of internal statistical reports and any other reports; and
- i. any other purpose relating to any of the above.
2. Your personal data and other information shall be kept confidential. While CIF Global Markets may transfer your personal data and other information interchangeably among any CIF Global Markets’ companies and its affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere),CIF Global Markets may, at its sole discretion and for the purpose(s) mentioned above, provide your personal data and other information to:
- a. any agent, contractor or third party service provider (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) who provides services to CIF Global Markets in connection with the operation of its business;
- b. any financial institution with which you have or propose to have dealings;
- c. any person under a duty of confidentiality to CIF Global Markets or who has given to CIF Global Markets an undertaking of confidentiality;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of CIF Global Markets; and
- d. any person or regulatory or other authority to whom we are under an obligation or duty to make disclosure pursuant to any relevant laws, rules, regulations, codes or guidelines binding on CIF Global Markets or any CIF Global Markets’ companies and its affiliates.
3. You agree that your personal data and other information may be transferred overseas under this policy.
4. You acknowledge and agree to accept the risks that data and information disclosed under this policy may be subject to further disclosure by the recipient to other parties in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the recipient is located. Such laws may be wider in scope and implemented under less restrictive terms than in Hong Kong due to difference in applicable laws and regulations.
5. You agree to allow CIF Global Markets to disclose your personal data and other information for the purposes and to those persons set out in this policy and to use such data and information under this policy.
6. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- a. check whether CIF Global Markets holds your personal data and right of access to such data;
- b. require CIF Global Markets to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- c. ascertain CIF Global Markets’ policies and procedures in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by CIF Global Markets.
7. You may request access to and correction of your personal data. Any such request can be made in writing to the Privacy Data Officer of CIF Global Markets, at Room 2501, 25/F, AIA Tower, 183 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong, or such other address as CIF Global Markets may subsequently notify from time to time. CIF Global Markets may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
8. You consent that CIF Global Markets may, from time to time, send to you by e-mail, telephone call, physical mail or other means of communication any messages relating to products or services which, in the opinion of CIF Global Markets, may be of interest to you.
If subsequent to giving consent, you wish to withdraw your consent, you may notify CIF Global Markets in the following manner:
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thereafter, CIF Global Markets shall cease to use and provide your personal data for direct marketing without any charge.
9. CIF Global Markets may collect personal information from visitors to our website. Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do not want to receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
10. Your visit to this website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns.